AGIOS LAVRENTIOS (22KM from Volos) Off the main road of the Pagasitic winding along the coast to the south, to the left, lies the village of Agios Lavrentios. It is one of the most beautiful villages of Pelion still retaining its local colour while the rapid stream of the Vrihon river adds to the beauty of the scenery.
One of the main sights is the cave where supposedly the Centaur Cheiron – teacher to so many mythical heroes, such as Jason, Achilles and Hercules - dwelled according to Mythology.
Agios Lavrentios was named after the monastery which was built by Latin monks during the 4th Crusade. Indeed, it was in 1378, that the village was first inhabited.